Meet Dr. Edema
Find out more about Dr Edema - Family Physician, Women's Health Expert and Weight Loss Doctor, with years of experience working in the UK and Canada.
- University of Benin, Benin-City, Nigeria. 1995.
- University of Westminster London, MSc. 2002.
- General Surgical Training (BST - Urology, Orthopaedics, General Surgery & Emergency Medicine), 2005 to 2007. Eastern Deanery, England, UK.
- Diploma of the Royal College of Gynaecologists, England. 2011.
- Residency in Family Medicine, Eastern Deanery, England, UK. 2009 to 2012.
Omatseye Edema MD, MSc, CCFP, MRCGP, DRCOG. Family Physician, Women's Health Expert, Health Coach, WebMD and Author.
- Membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners of England (MRCGP)
- Membership of the Canadian College of Family Physicians (CCFP)
- Membership of the British Liver Trust (BLT)
- Neurolinguistic Programming Master Practitioner Course with Dr. Richard Bandler, Co-Creator of NLP, London, England, 2013.
- National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training (NCSCT) Course as a Smoking Cessation Expert, 2011, 2012.
Summary of Experience
Dr Edema has over 20 years’ experience (spent some 15 years of those, in the UK) working in the Canadian and UK healthcare systems, and can easily bring an international perspective into his coaching and online consultations.
He is a published author, health coach and currently the medical director of a clinic in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
He is both UK and Canadian medical boards registered.
As listed above, he holds a master’s degree from the University of Westminster London and did his postgraduate medical training, working in hospitals in London (King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill London) and Essex (Basildon and Thurrock University Teaching Hospital and Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex), all in the UK.
He has undertook further postgraduate training courses in Canada over the years, including training at the department of Gynecology at the Foothills Hospital, Calgary.
He has memberships of the Royal College of General Practitioners UK (MRCGP), Canadian College of Family Physicians (CCFP), as well as diploma of the Royal College of Gynaecologists (DRCOG), UK.
He is also a member of the British Liver Society.
I am primarily a Family Physician with specialist interest in women's health. I help women understand and management conditions like:
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Menstrual disorders like irregular menses, treating heavy menstrual bleeding, missed menstrual periods, painful periods, etc
- Contraceptive advice and choices, insertion of IUD, etc
- Fertility optimization and referrals as needed
- Dealing with recurrent urinary tract infections
- Female sexual disorders - excessively heightened or reduced libido, vaginismus, pain during intercourse, etc
- Osteoporosis management
- Chronic abdominal pain in women
- Complications of early pregnancy and more.
But as a Primary Care or Family Physician, I do more. I have male patients I help with men's health optimization and treatment.
And with the increasing evidence that:
- All the top 10 causes of chronic illness and death can be reversed with adequate nutrition, exercise, sleep, and weight optimization
- 95% of cancers are totally preventable
- Many nutritional programs could offer greater benefits than frontline medications used in treating such conditions, but without the side effects that come with medications,
I developed increasing interest in nutritional medicine and have been championing this with my patients. I am also interested in weight loss, sleep and exercise optimization to ensure optimal performance for my patients.
If you suffer with any chronic health condition and looking for nutritional advice to help minimize or even reverse such conditions, we can help.
About Dr. Edema Outside Medicine
When not thinking about my patients and practical things I could do to optimize their health holistically, I spend time with my dear wife and four lovely children. We love people, places and history and when we can, we travel around the world, exploring other cultures, archeology and history.
I love reading.
I also find time to contribute to online journals and blogs.
Nothing interests me more than existential matters - the meaning of life, how we got here, why we as humans cannot solve our problems despite the avalanche of teachers and knowledge out there on almost every conceivable issue and where our respite would come from.
I truly look forward to the time when "no resident would say I am sick".
May that time come soon.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter for Latest Health Information